Sunday, December 11, 2011

It's Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas. . . .in my classroom!

Here's a peek at what has been going on in my neck of the woods, you know, apart from assessing my poor Super Stars to death. The other day I called a kiddo to my table and they were like "Can't we just do reading group? I already did this!" {believe me sweetie, I feel your pain!}

Despite all of this, we have been able to get in the Holiday mood ~

1.) Our tiny tree {waiting for kiddo-made decorations} and our "Holidays Around the World" books we are making in Social Studies.
2.) Snowflake pattern whirligig thingys. The kiddos cut out a spiral then used snowflakes {die-cuts} t0 create a pattern. Super simple, and super cute!
3.) Handprint turkeys drying {for our handprint calendar gift}.
4.) Gingerbread man Write The Room.
5.) Snowflake gel clings on the window by my door.
6.) Gingerbread glyphs
7.) It's staying dark most of the day, I think we are down to about 5 hours of daylight right now. Seriously, it's already dusky when we get out at 3:30.
8.) Holiday wreath on my door handle.

It's going to be a busy week! I still have a few assessments to finish up {uggh}, we are performing Wednesday afternoon for our parents, and Thursday is our Pajama and Polar Express day. Friday, the kiddos are off, but teachers have to be at school {grade-reporting day}


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment