Saturday, September 17, 2011

Rainbow Writing

Sorry it's been such a long time since I've posted.  This whole beginning of the year thing is kicking my butt.  I have a couple of "special friends" that are having a hard time getting into the routine of school, but most of my kiddos are doing a fabulous job.

We've been practicing writing our numbers.  We started with whiteboards and markers, the kiddos listened while I read a poem for each number, then they tried to write the number on their whiteboard.

Then we moved to writing the numbers on paper.  Since Kindergartners tend to rush through things {or maybe that's just my kiddos}, we do a lot of "Rainbow Writing".  The kiddos get to use markers (not a common occurrence} and switch colors for every number.


{Aren't my Super Stars adorable?}

I've uploaded the Rainbow Writing sheets if you would like to download them.  I included the poem for each number to help my Super Stars {and their parents} when they practice at home.

1 comment:

  1. These are great! I have heard similar number poems before, but I like your twist! :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete