Monday, August 22, 2011

Teacher Talk Tuesday

So, I am a fairly new teacher, but I've learned quite a bit in my three years (this is my fourth).


* If you are a new teacher, don't spend tons of time planning and organizing to your specific curriculum.  My first year in the AK I spent tons of time organizing my things to go with our First grade HM curriculum, which was pretty worthless considering I taught Kindergarten the next year. 


* Don't sweat the small stuff.  It may not be perfect, but it's okay.  Kiddos will probably not remember that the lesson you taught had cute clipart or a fun font, but they will remember the fun they had and the relationship that you build with them.



Powered by Qumana


1 comment:

  1. FABulous! How funny that you and I had the same type of reflection at the beginning of our fourth year! My fourth year was in Fairbanks! Taught there for the first ten years of my career, all at one school, all in kindergarten. I lived in Barrow for five years during my youth as well. Thank you for dropping by my blog- I hope you don't mind but I'm going to add you to my blogroll so others can check in on you.

    Have a GREAT year,

    Michaele

    ReplyDelete