Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My "special friend"

Oh, my special friend can drive me crazy!  She CANNOT sit still, she's loud and still sucks her thumb (which results in germs all over my classroom!). But she is very observant.

Her latest observations compare me and Ms. G (our fab K-2 resource teacher).  According to her Miss W and Ms. G both wear "cute boots over their pants" (we both wear boots and leggings).  Miss W and Ms. G both drink "bubble water" (sparkling water).  And the newest way we are alike?  We smell the same, apparently we both use the same laundry detergent!

She was read the "riot act" yesterday because she was a punk to the sub in resource room.  Ms. G  has been subbed out a lot for testing and special friend has not been handling it well.  

I was happily surprised today when she did amazingly well during our Field Trip, though she did try and climb in my lap during part of it.  The smile on her face when Mom picked her up was priceless!

5 comments:

  1. I wish my special friend would start sucking his thumb (then I could get some teaching done). :) Hooray for a good day!
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I feel ya both...my special friend is LOUD LOUD LOUD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a thumb sucking special friend, too. :) Love the germs. Ha!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. My special friend picks his nose. He has his own special container of hand sanitizer.

    ReplyDelete