Thursday, March 29, 2012

Meryl Streep, Miss W and Morbid Kindergartners

Scene: My classroom, 3:20 pm.  Kiddos are busily getting on their snow gear *sigh* and packing up.  Sweet little girl comes up and says "Miss W, you look like Sophie's Mom on Mamma Mia when your face is like that." 


Ummmm, did a 5 year-old just tell me I look like Meryl Streep?


Here's Meryl in Mamma Mia (<3 that movie, I think I know what I'm listening to during pull-outs tomorrow)

. . . . .and me.  I don't see a resemblance, but 5 year-old logic escapes me sometimes.
Last Friday since we weren't in school the week before (Spring Break!)  we did this super-cute writing craftivity from the Teacher Wife.  Most of my kiddos wrote about their family or friends and how they take care of them, or play with them.  Some of them on the other hand were more interesting.

My dog because he is about to die

A bit sad, but a sweet picture and this little guy is very tender-hearted and sweet.

Then there was this one

Aunt Bonnie because she died when she was a kid

And the picture, complete with blood and grass.  (We had a little chat about how we don't talk about these types of things at school, and I had a chat with Mom as well.)


AND, because I don't want to leave you all sad and depressed, a cute one -
My family because my mommy is going to have a baby.

2 comments:

  1. These are adorable! The dog one killed me. :(
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pot of gold writing activity. You have cute ideas! :)

    I'm your newest follower!

    -Staci
    Let's Teach Something

    ReplyDelete